Part I: Research Directions
- Does history really repeat itself?
- Subjectivity in History
- Why are we so afraid of the “other”?
- Fear of the unknown
- Why do we think we’re so different than previous generations? ; Are we becoming less violent?
- Social Change
- Social Action – what can I do to make a difference?
- Protests – do protests work?
- Major policy shifts
- Social Media – our opinions shape the sources we read or the sources we read she our opinions
- Self righteousness
Part II: Non-academic sources
Part III: Academic Sources
Vinitzky-Seroussi, Vered and Chana Teeger. “Unpacking the Unspoken: Silence in Collective Memory and Forgetting.”
“Collective silences [can be] thought of as a rich and promising arena through which to understand how groups deal with their collective pasts.”
Also, this article suggests that silence can boost memory or – the total opposite- it can enhance forgetting.